How to Make a Mirror Cake (Mirror Glaze Cake) from Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio
More Cake Trends Tutorials : https://goo.gl/Q678AG
Today I am showing you how to make the popular mirror cake! The mirror cake is like an entremet dessert that is covered by a boiled sugar and condensed milk glaze.
Inside Out Cake: https://youtu.be/-x7bfKyYzzg
RAINBOW CAKE RECIPES: https://goo.gl/aiHQuf
JELLO RECIPES: https://goo.gl/NbNeeZ
FOOD IMPOSTER RECIPES: https://goo.gl/QG3TUf
HOMEMADE CAKES: https://goo.gl/WO3gwS
BUY MY COOKBOOK: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/?...
Visit my blog at: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com
Subscribe to my NEW SECOND CHANNEL: https://goo.gl/gIoRUy
Mirror Cake Ingredients:
-8" Vanilla cake ( https://youtu.be/XaNELscDtms )
-8" Jello round (red and blue)
-White chocolate mousse ( https://youtu.be/BaDEtXa5QgU top layer only)
-Mirror Cake glaze (recipe below)
-Edible gelatin bubbles ( https://youtu.be/-x7bfKyYzzg )
-Blue and white candies, dragees, gum balls
-200 grams sweetened condensed milk
-300 grams granulated sugar
-150 grams water
-350 grams white chocolate chips
-19 grams gelatin (+ 1/2 cup water to bloom)
1. Bloom gelatin with 1/2 cup of water and set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Heat milk, sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Place chocolate chips in a large heat proof bowl.
3. Stir in bloomed gelatin until it's dissolved.
4. Pour hot mixture over chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes. Once chocolate has softened, use an immersion blender to smooth mixture. Pour mixture through a sieve to remove any remaining lumps.
5. Allow glaze to cool to 33C before pouring.
1. Place cake in the bottom of a spring-form pan. Cover cake with a couple of cups of mousse. Place jello round on top of the cake/mousse, Pour remaining mousse on top of the Jello and smooth mousse flat with an offset spatula. Place cake in the freezer to solidify.
2. Once the cake is chilled, the glaze can be applied.
3. Position cake on a pedestal over a bowl/pan that is larger than the cake. Start the pour of the glaze around the outside of the cake, working towards the center. Make sure that the glaze covers the sides of the cake, right down to the base.
4. Let the glaze drip for 5 minutes, cut the drips off from under the cake plate, and place onto a serving plate.
5. Serve immediately.